Scala Back End developer
- We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK, as well as other global markets. We are looking for some capable and talented people from Latvia!
- We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere.
- Our values: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game, are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
- Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- As a Senior Engineer in the Rewards team, you will contribute and support a high-performing team of engineers to deliver the Engineering and Product roadmap.
- Develop, support, and provide technical assistance to the engineering team to reduce complexity
- Promote a high-performance culture
- Encourage and demonstrate engineering best-practices
- Contribute and support the team in delivering quality-focused solutions
- Brainstorm, challenge, feedback, and negotiate system architecture and technical solutions
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product Managers in a triad to discover and validate technical problems
- Ensure solutions can balance between long term ambitions and near term goals
- Contribute across teams to core and side projects
- Setup and configure monitoring and alerting
- Foster a security first mindset within the team
- Personal Skills:
- Team player attitude to support the team in commitments it makes
- Technical excellence across design principles and code quality
- Focus on operational maturity and effective delivery
- Comfortable challenging directly whilst caring personally
- Ability to balance outcomes for customers, the team, and the business
- Flexibility, an open mind, curiosity, and passion for learning
- Ability to jump between empathizing with a customer problem and designing an engaging solution
- Technical Skills:
- Solid experience in Scala (or Java and eagerness to switch to Scala), and RESTful APIs
- Solid experience on SQL and NoSQL storage solutions
- Solid experience with AWS ecosystem
- Solid experience with microservice and event-based architectures
- Solid experience in Agile Development, Design Patterns, TDD and Gitflow
- Experience with Gitlab/Bitbucket
- Desirable Experience:
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo Client
- Experience with Terraform, Newrelic, and Kibana
- Kotlin experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Data science / data modeling experience
- Work experience in an established international Fintech company with headquarter in Australia;
- Remote work (in future after establishing the team offering the option to also work from the office);
- Be a part of a new team in Latvia that works on internationally used payment solutions and loyalty solution development.
Darba laiks: Pilna laika
Alga: 4300 - 7200 EUR/mēnesī
Prasītā pieredze: no 3 gadi
Send your CV with a subject „SCALA” to e-mail email@example.com
NB! Please note that we will contact only the candidates of the second round!
Aizpildi pieteikšanās formu:
Adrese: Brīvības iela 85 (3. stāvs), Rīga, LV-1001
SIA "ERG Latvia"
08.07.2013. NVA izsniegta licence darbiekārtošanas pakalpojumu sniegšanai Nr.11/2013